A Patient Navigator is available to help you navigate through the healthcare system, be a resource, help fill out forms, a shoulder to cry on, and a sounding board for anything you may need to get through this journey.
Valerie Patterson, RN, MSN, HCSM Contact number 281-949-3996
- Associate Degree in Nursing from LSU New Orleans, LA, and Masters in Nursing with a focus in Health Care Systems Management from Loyola University in New Orleans, LA.
- Twenty-three years of nursing experience
- ICU (breast reconstruction, cardiac, general surgery, post CABG, post solid organ transplant,
- and general medical)
- Staff Education (Bone Marrow Transplant, ICU, M/S)
- Management (Bone Marrow Transplant, M/S, ICU)
Patient Navigator can help by:
- Guiding patients through the health care system
- Coordinating services
- Assisting with increasing patients access to health care
- Facilitating appropriate insurance applications
- Providing access to community and social support services
- Working with community groups to increase cancer health awareness and provide cancer health education
- Eliminating barriers to health care and ensuring timely delivery of services
- Improved coordination of care
- Improved efficiency in use of resources
- Improved access to timely medical treatment
- Improved patient satisfaction with cancer treatment experience
- Improved access to financial resources
- Improved comfort level with health care providers and the health care team at Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital
For more information, contact Valerie Patterson, RN, Patient Navigator at Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital, at 281-949-3996.
Patients do not have to go through this journey alone, we are here for them.